Caseworker/Program Coordinator Position
Big Brothers Big Sisters Sault Ste. Marie is a leader in offering quality mentoring programs for children and youth within the community. The Caseworker/Program Coordinator will perform duties as it relates to the programs of our agency in accordance with the National Standards of service delivery as required by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Caseworker/Program Coordinator will be responsible for matching and monitoring bigs and littles in our community based mentor program. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the re-development, implementation and evaluation of additional site-based/group-based programs.
Intake and Match Support
- Accept, review applications from all potential volunteers, parents/caregivers/referral agencies
- Conduct onboarding process, including pre-screening, interviewing and orientation
- Process all required documents and Vulnerable Sector checks
- Deliver required Safety and Pre-Match Training
- Maintain all case notes as required for compliance
- Respond to any issues or other communications with bigs and littles
- Communicate regularly both pre-match and post-match with parent/caregiver/agency
- Keep all parties informed of agency events and promotions
General Case Work
- Maintain case notes on files within caseload assigned to position
- Keep both bigs and littles informed throughout the match
- Conduct any case closure or match closure, in accordance with National Standards
- Work with the Program Manager to ensure compliance on all case files
- Maintain strict confidentiality as outlined in agency Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
- Complete Match Support Framework
- Ensure program and agency compliance, in accordance with National Standards.
- Develop and administer programs that support organization’s objectives of mentorship.
- Along with the Program Manager, seek out and work with other organizations that have a need and interest in programming and services.
- Create, plan, coordinate and execute agency wide programs and events.
- Deliver programs within the community, supporting children and youth.
- Assist with screening and on boarding new volunteers and new littles for group-based programs.
- Participate in meetings with Program Manager and provide reports/stats as requested.
- Record stats, comprehensive case notes, maintaining compliant case files.
- Maintain strict confidentiality as outlined in agency Privacy and Confidentiality Policy.
- Perform administrative functions as required to manage programs and activities.
- Participate in educational training as identified.
- Other duties as required.
Activity Planning & Organization
- Work with Activity Committee to schedule agency wide events.
- Partner with other community organizations to support initiatives and involve volunteers and families through community engagement opportunities.
- Plan, coordinate and execute activities and programs for children and youth within agency, as well as the general public.
- Assist with agency marketing and publicity as required, promote mentorship programs and activities.
- Revitalize the Big Bunch Friendship Program, as well as, initiate new programs/activities.
- Record stats for events/activities and comprehensive case notes, maintaining compliant case files.
Qualified candidates should possess either a College Diploma or University Degree in Education, Social or Human Services disciplines, such as Child & Youth Worker, Social Service Worker, Early Childhood Education or equivalent, with at least 2 years experience coordinating programs, activities and/or services for children and youth. Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Check with be required.
In addition, the incumbent shall possess:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem skills, ability to work independently
- Knowledge of volunteer resources
- Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
- Proficient computer skills, experience with Microsoft applications
- Ability to work flexible hours (if and when needed)
- Access to vehicle
This position is a 1-year contract with possibility of extension. Full time 35hr/week, flexible work schedule, with occasional evenings as required.
All interested applicants, please send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com by Thursday August 11, 2022.