Caseworker/Program Activities Coordinator
Big Brothers Big Sisters Sault Ste. Marie is a leader in offering quality mentoring programs for children and youth within the community. The Caseworker/Program Activities Coordinator will perform duties as it relates to the programs of our agency in accordance with the National Standards of service delivery as required by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Caseworker/Program Activities Coordinator will be responsible for matching and monitoring bigs and littles in our community based mentor program. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the re-development, implementation and evaluation of additional group-based programs and events.
- Accept, review applications from all potential volunteers, parents/caregivers/referral agencies
- Conduct onboarding process, including pre-screening, interviewing, training and orientation
- Respond to any issues or other communications with bigs and littles
- Communicate regularly with parent/caregiver and bigs throughout the match
- Maintain case notes on files within caseload assigned to position
- Conduct any case closure or match closure, in accordance with National Standards
- Work with the Program Manager to ensure compliance on all case files
- Maintain strict confidentiality as outlined in agency Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
- Complete Match Support Framework
- Assist Program Manager and Committee Members with recruitment, community engagement
- Fulfill caseload capacity targets as outlined in Strategic/Operational plan
- Provide reports, stats, KPI’s, data summaries as needed
- Ensure program and agency compliance, in accordance with National Standards.
- Develop and administer programs that support organization’s objectives of mentorship.
- Along with the Program Manager, seek out and work with other organizations that have a need and interest in programming and services.
- Deliver programs within the community, supporting children and youth.
- Assist with screening and on boarding new volunteers and new littles for group-based programs.
- Participate in meetings with Program Manager and provide reports/stats as requested.
- Record stats, comprehensive case notes, maintaining compliant case files.
- Maintain strict confidentiality as outlined in agency Privacy and Confidentiality Policy.
- Perform administrative functions as required to manage programs and activities.
- Participate in educational training as identified.
Activity & Event Coordination
- Create, plan, coordinate and execute agency wide programs and events
- Chair the Activity Committee, schedule meetings, develop agenda, provide updates, complete and distribute meeting minutes
- Partner with other community organizations to support initiatives and involve volunteers and families through community engagement opportunities
- Plan, coordinate and execute activities, events and programs for children and youth within agency, as well as the general public
- Assist with agency marketing and publicity as required, promote mentorship programs
- Revitalize the Big Bunch Friendship Program, as well as, initiate new programs/activities.
- Record stats for events/activities and comprehensive case notes
- Expand community engagement through volunteer recruitment and brand recognition
Qualified candidates should possess either a College Diploma or University Degree in Education, Social or Human Services disciplines, such as Child & Youth Worker, Social Service Worker, Early Childhood Education or equivalent, with at least 2 years’ experience coordinating programs, activities and/or services for children and youth.
In addition, the incumbent shall possess:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem skills, ability to work independently
- Knowledge of volunteer resources
- Experience and understanding of not for profit sector and charity work
- Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
- Proficient computer skills, experience with Microsoft applications
- Ability to work flexible hours (if and when needed)
- Access to vehicle
Full time 35hr/week, salary is $42, 000.00. A Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Check will be required.
All interested applicants, please send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com by Monday, February 13, 2023.